A Baroque pleasure garden
In 1710, a pheasant garden and pleasure garden were installed on either side of the palace. Michael Ludwig Rohrer and Franz Pfleger drew up the plans. The orangery was established into the 1720s, along with two long pools with parterre borders and ornamental beds. Rohrer also built the hermitage. An embankment and moat with bastion-like swells separated the garden from the surrounding landscape, similarly to the palace in Schlackenwerth, Sibylla Augusta's native Bohemia.